Making it easy to find great tasting and healthy meals

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Best Ever Healthier Banana Bread

This is a recipes that I altered so much to make it healthier and to my taste that I will claim it for my own. It is the best I have ever had!

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 c. melted coconut oil
  • 1/4 c apple sauce
  • 1/4 c brown sugar
  • 1/4 c Stevia
  • 1/4 c honey
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 3/4 c wheat flour
  • 3/4 c. white flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 c light sour cream
  • 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1/4 c chia seeds
  • 1/4 c. unsweetened coconut
Preheat oven to 350
Mix melted butter, applesauce and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Next add flours, baking soda, and salt. Mix well then add sour cream, bananas, nuts, and coconut.
Prepare pan/pans (I used mini loaf pans) with pam. Pour into prepared pans, sprinkle with sugar in the raw if desired (gives a nice crunch) and bake for 40- 60 minutes (depending on size of pan), or until toothpick comes out with only a slight amount of the bread on the toothpick. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment