Making it easy to find great tasting and healthy meals

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Crock Pot Refried Beans

My sister sent me this recipe and it is so good for you and no fat is added. The flavor is great! My whole family loved this.


3 cups dry pinto beans
1 onion, diced (I used dehidrated onions and reduced them to 3/4 cup)
9 cups of water
5 tsp salt
1 3/4 tsp pepper
2 tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp cumin

Put all ingredients in crock pot and cook on high for 6-8 hours.  After beans are soft, drain all liquid, saving the liquid.  Mash beans with a mixer.  Add enough liquid back in to your desired consistency. 

We served these in a burrito shell with lettuce and tomatoes and reduced fat cheddar cheese. As a side I made baked chips. I take corn tortillas and cut them into triangles and sprinkle with seasoning salt then bake them until golden brown. My kids like these more than fried chips and they would be great dipped in the beans. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment