Making it easy to find great tasting and healthy meals

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Spinach Salad with Mango

I wish I would have taken a picture of this because it was pretty.

Ingredients

  • 3/4 cup blanched slivered almonds (or a variety of nuts. I had several small batches of different kinds-pinenuts, almonds, and pecans). I candied the nuts by whipping 1 egg white and adding the nuts to this then adding  1 tsp brown sugar and a sprinkle of cinnamon. I then toasted this in a pan until golden.
  • 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 teaspoons dry mustard
  • 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
  • salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
  • 1 bunch fresh spinach - rinsed, dried and torn into bite size pieces (or baby spinach left whole)
  • 2 mangos - peeled, seeded, and cubed
  • 2 Tbs. crumbled feta or blue cheese
Make the dressing with ingredients 2-7 then toss with mangos, nuts, and spinach. If you like the dressing a bit sweeter then add 1 tsp brown sugar to the dressing.

I loved this served with honey mustard grilled chicken.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment